Monday, October 22, 2007

The theme from Funny in Farsi, "Identity"

The theme "Identity" that I learned through this book is who you are. Knowing and living in both countries, Iran and U.S., the auther set her identity. She faced a lot of happiness and suffering, and experienced Iranian life and American life. Identity means who you are. It includes a background, thought, idea; evrything that are constituting yourself. I saw the auther composed her identity rightly. Even though there are so many difficulties to live another country, she love both countries. I also have lived in more than three countries and knew how hard accepting other cultures and the ways of life are. I know loving other country is not easy. Sometimes I hated a parts of their cultures when I was in difficulty, but once I digested those difficulties and took the point of veiw to another side, the positive side, I can see a lot of wanderful and great things of that country. Those made a big part of my idendity.

1 comment:

Denise said...

We all go through a love-hate period when we move, visit, or travel to other countries. It just takes time to adjust.